Flume Sound Massive Synth - Designing the Sound from Lorde - Tennis Court (Flume Remix)
We sat down to take a shot at recreating the sound of flume's lead synth in his remix for "Lorde - Tennis Court (Flume Remix)". We're working with our Ableton Live 9 Suite version, Operator and NI Massive. After rebuilding the chords in the first step, we're dividing the sound into 6 layers in the second step:
- Sub-Bass: We're using an instance of Operator and select a sine wave for our sub bass frequencies (update: we now put this together in a template and replaced all Operator sounds with NI Massive sounds)
- Monophonic Top Lead: We're using a combined wavetable of pulse and saw waves in Massive, creating a slightly gliding top layer
- Main Lead: Another instance of the same Massive sound as 2. is set into polyphonic mode and plays the complete chord. We're automating attack and filter cutoff.
- Support Lead: Another instance of Massive (with 3 PWM wavetables) is put in to add some more resonant feel. + Filter and attack automation (as in 3.)
- Sweepy Tops: A Massive with the wavetable "carbon" adds in some sweepy scapes in higher frequencies to fill up the spectrum.
- White Noise: An instance of Operator provides some missing white noise layers (update: we now put this together in a template and replaced all Operator sounds with NI Massive sounds).
Grab the Ableton template (other Midi notes): Flumed Tennis - Ableton Template
Check our Future Bass MASSIVE Preset Pack for those sounds: http://bit.ly/pml_s_massive_vol8
Flume Sound Design Massive, Flume Synth, Flume Synth Massive, Flume Preset Massive, Flume Midi Files, midi files .als Flume, Flume Ableton Project File