You save 21%
Join more than 40,000 students and improve daily
Hear what the community says about PML
We are very happy and don’t take it for granted to have such a great community spread across all these different channels. We love how you guys help each other out, review tracks and release killer tracks. Let’s hear from some of you.
Johannes Menzel - Techno Producer from Berlin Germany His song "Retaliate" got played by no one else than AMELIE LENS, UMEK, and many other top Techno DJs right now.
"When I heard the samples from the Deep Premium Pack II back in the day I was instantly hooked and knew I have never heard better sounding and better fitting drum samples for the sound I wanted to do, but could not quite get together. After I bought the first samples I fell in love with some synth presets, before I took all classes on sound design to make my own sounds. In the meantime we started cooperating and I have access to all sounds and samples (which is great), but I also contribute a lot of templates and samples myself. I am very happy for the opportunity to present my sounds to the big PML community and hope everybody out there now feel about my packs how I once felt."
“Hope you are doing well. I just finished your intro course on PML and the lesson was just great. I spent over 1000€ about 2 years ago at “XXX” and I came out with nothing. With 50€ that I paid for the course on PML I have 2 finished tracks within 2 days, something I have been trying to do for years. Thank you!”
“For anyone wondering if buying the full PML package is worth it.. It is!! Incredible. You guys are the best. Thanks!”
“Bought the full bundle. Never bought anything before, but decided to widen/deepen my Ableton horizons, especially in more melodic techno styles. The courses are really STEP BY STEP. Looked everywhere to get me started in this genre: only PML offers it. I’m not being sponsored or anything: it’s worth every dollar as inspiration (and “Savoir faire”) is paramount.”
What Pros Say About Us
“If you want to learn how to make a track in the style of my song ‘Vale’, then check out the course on Production Music Live. They explained everything using only Ableton Live and it’s really, really interesting. Go check it out!”
- Ben Böhmer
Berlin based producer & live act. @benbohmermusic
“I regularly recommend PML to my audience. The quality and affordability of their courses is pretty hard to beat!”
Tutor / Ableton Certified Trainer
“I have been an underground Techno Girl forever, but of course I love to work with high quality samples & sounds to get better results quicker. PML stuff definitely helps!”
- Stine Benz
DJ / Producer @stinebenz
“The courses, presets and samples from PML got my music to a whole new level. Always very inspiring and ready to use. Cheers mates!”
- Eddy Barbour
Producer / Surfer
“When I heard the samples from the Deep Premium Pack II back in the day I was instantly hooked and knew I have never heard better sounding and better fitting drum samples for the sound I wanted to do.”
- Johannes Menzel
Techno Producer from Berlin Germany His song "Retaliate" got played by no one else than AMELIE LENS, UMEK, and many other top Techno DJs right now. @johannes.berlin
Courses and sounds are yours forever. Learn at your own pace with no time limits!
Samples and Loops are always royalty free. You can use them in your professional and person projects.
If you’re not satisfied, get in touch within 5 days and we will offer a full refund.
Downloads and Offline
You will be sent a download link for your files, sounds and presets. Courses can be viewed offline through the Teachable app.
Take your productions to the next level! Learn the foundations of music theory with 3 different courses covering chords, melody and arrangement. BONUS: Get 950+ professional Midi files to inspire and speed up your workflow!
Is Music Theory Holding You Back?
About the Harmony Bundle
How can you stand out as a producer? It starts with a solid foundation in music theory. If your melodies, chord changes or arrangments are bad, your music will be bad, no matter how good your other producing skills are. This bundle includes 3 courses covering all the foundations of music theory.
These courses are designed for electronic music producers - we are going to take the perspective of someone working inside a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) - like Logic, Ableton Live, FL Studio.
You Will Learn to:
- Finish More Tracks Faster: escape the 8-bar loop, understand modern arrangements that excite listeners from beginning to end.
- Write amazing chord progressions: chords, scales, from the basics to complex progressions.
- Create Original Melodies: learn the process for making melodies that capture listeners' attention
- + Much More
What You Get
Harmony & Chord Progressions
- 20 - Chord Substitution (7:16)
- 21 - Example: Chord Substitution (5:26)
- 22 - Voicing (9:36)
- 23 - What makes a "good" Chord Progression? (6:21) Free Preview
- 24 - Analysis of a "good" Chord Progression (7:09) Free Preview
- 25 - Borrowed Chords (2:21)
- 26 - Parallel Minor - Chord Borrowing (2:26)
- 27 - Parallel Major/Minor Scales - More Chord Borrowing (5:21)
- 28 - Secondary Dominants (6:01)
- 29 - Diatonic Passing Chords (3:47)
- 30 - Chromatic Passing Chords (4:24)
- 31 - Modulation (2:32)
- 37 - Writing a Melody with the C Major Scale (Francois) (23:07)
- 38 - Writing a EDM-ish Melody with the A-Minor Scale (Francois) (11:30) Free Preview
- 39 - Creating an EDM Chord Progression and Melody (Tom) (22:33)
- 40 - Writing Tropical Summer House Chords and Melody in Amin (Tom) (29:19)
- 41 - Writing a Future Bass Track from Scratch (Tom) (39:10)
- 42 - Writing Progressive House Chords and Melody from Scratch (Tom) (27:34)
- 43 - Bonus Session: Writing Chords & Melody in the Style of "Snake" (16:49)
- 44 - Writing Session #1 - Chords and Melody - Melodic Deep / Techno (30:16)
- 45 - Writing Session #2 - Chords and Melody - Melodic Deep / Techno with Moog Bass (22:56)
- 46 - Writing Session #3 - Hirajoshi Scale (7:59)
- 47 - Writing Session #4 - EDM Progressive House "Dramatic" Progression in F-Minor (8:23)
- 48 - Writing Session #5 - Melodic Deep in Style of Caribou, Clawz SG, Anjunadeep (G# Minor) (33:15)
- 49 - Writing Session #6 - Chords & Melody in the Style of Blomqvist, Bohmer, Melodic Deep (14:49)
- 50 - Writing Session #7 - Chords & Melody using the Approach of Deadmau5 (9:42)
- 51 - Turning "Havana" Into A New Chord Progression And Melody - (Session with Alex) (16:12)
- 52 - Writing Session (No Comment) - Chords in the style of Armas, Dinka, EDX, Nore En Pure (9:28)
- 54 - Writing Session #8 - Writing 6 Chord Progressions (by ear) with Francois (31:04)
How To Write Melodies
- 1 - Melody Foundations 1: Tell a Story (5:20)
- 2 - Melody Foundations 2: Range (3:02)
- 3 - Melody Foundations 3: Q&A, Repetition & Variation (6:24)
- 4 - Melody Foundations 4: Steps, Skips, Leaps and Rhythm (9:24)
- 5 - Practical Session: Writing a simple Melody for Melodic Techno (16:46)
- 6 - Practical Session: Writing a simple Melody for EDM (6:59)
- 1 - How to Establish a Tonal Center for your Melody (7:54)
- 2 - Practical Session: Writing a simple Melody - Summer Beat (8:49)
- 3 - The Tritone: An Example (3:14)
- 4 - The Intervals Part 2 - Properties (11:59)
- 5 - Intervals: The Millennium Whoop (3:18)
- 6 - Beginner Scale Trick: Transpose to a Scale you know well (3:27)
- 7 - How to find Chords for any Melody (15:22) Free Preview
- 8 - Practical Session: Writing a simple Melody - Pop/Future Bass (11:54)
- 1 - Modes: Fundamental Concept 1 (8:05)
- 2 - Modes Example: Dorian (9:08)
- 3 - Modes: Fundamental Concept 2 (9:17)
- 4 - Modes: Fundamental Concept 3 (3:42)
- 5 - Modes Example Lydian + The Gist (7:41)
- 6 - Modes: Sum Up and Take Aways (4:22)
- 7 - Practical Session: Writing a Melody in F Phrygian (Festival Style) (14:16)
- 1 - Writing a Melody with the C Major Scale (Francois) (23:09)
- 2 - Writing a EDM-ish Melody with the A-Minor Scale (Francois) (11:32) Free Preview
- 3 - Creating an EDM Chord Progression and Melody (Tom) (22:35)
- 4 - Writing Tropical Summer House Chords and Melody in Amin (Tom) (29:21)
- 5 - Writing a Future Bass Track from Scratch (Tom) (39:12)
- 6 - Writing Progressive House Chords and Melody from Scratch (Tom) (27:36)
- 1 - Writing Session - Chords and Melody - Melodic Deep / Techno (30:16)
- 2 - Writing Session - Chords and Melody - Melodic Deep / Techno with Moog Bass (22:56)
- 3 - Writing Session - Hirajoshi Scale (7:59)
- 4 - Writing Session - EDM Progressive House "Dramatic" Progression in F-Minor (8:23)
- 5 - Writing Session - Uplifting Summer House Chords in C#-Minor (21:21) Free Preview
- Bonus Session: Writing "Snake" Chords & Melody (16:51)
BONUS: 950+ MIDI files
Midi Complete Pack
- The package contains around 950+ high-quality MIDI files, including chord progressions (pads), plucks, arpeggios, leads, drums, snare rolls and bass midis.
- Check out the demo playback above, to get an idea, how the chords might sound.
- Especially the drum and snare-roll MIDIs are a lot of fun to play around with and save huge amounts of time!
- You don't need to have any specific software installed. MIDI Pack works with every DAW.
Join 10,000+ Students
Take Your Skills to the Next LEVEL
For over 5 years Production Music Live has created educational content for electronic music producers. Over 10,000 students have purchased our courses and 200,000+ producers subscribe to our channels on Youtube and Instagram.
12+ Hours of Lessons
Over the course of 100+ lessons in arrangment, harmony, melodies and more you'll learn how to make original chord changes, catchier melodies, and arrangments that excite and engage your listeners.
Similiar courses sell for hundreds of dollars, university courses in music theory can cost thousands of dollars, the Harmony Bundle offers more music theory education for a fraction of the price. You'll get lifetime access, go at your own pace, come back and rewatch lessons at anytime!
Get It Now
FAQs and Requirements
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the courses?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to the courses for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What if I am unhappy with my order?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the courses parts. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
Do I need to won specific Software/Plugins/Packs?
No specific software is required.
Where will I be able to log into my course?
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here:
If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
There is one way of watching videos offline for example if you are travelling with an iPad and you are not always within reach of a stable internet connection: We have activated the option of MyTeachable accounts on our videos so you can watch videos offline through the “Teachable Online Courses” iOS App.
I already own some courses/packs. Can I upgrade?
You already bought some courses / packs and want to upgrade? Get in touch for your custom offer!
Will future products be automatically added to my bundle?
The bundle is a snapshot including the available courses and packs at the time of your purchase. Future courses / packs will not be automatically included.
Is this a subscription to future products?
No. This is a one time payment for the courses/packs currently included in the bundle
What if I have further questions?
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- No additional software needed.