Tutorial: 3 Trap Beats in under 30 minutes
In this video, Borys is going to show you how to make beats like Migos "Walk It Talk It" in Ableton Live 10. We’re going to go through all the sounds necessary to make this beat. Then we’ll talk about making melodies with a free synth sound. After that, we will show you the rhythm patterns to use when drum programming. We’ll talk about making hi-hats and kick-snare patterns. We're going to make another trap beat using a synth preset in Ableton Live.
Tutorial Table of Contents:
- 00:16 Starting with the first beat
- 08:32 Playback Beat 1
- 09:00 Starting with the second beat
- 17:33 Playback Beat 2
- 18:00 Starting with the third beat
- 26:45 Playback Beat 3
Feel free to check out our additional ressources for producing your own music in Ableton Live:
- 12 drum kits, 10 synths, 14 bass-808s, 128 drum samples
- 22 drum midi, 20 melody midi, 24 bass midi
Struggling with the basics?
If you'd like to learn the basics of writing music, producing your own beats, as well as advanced techniques and tricks, feel free to join our self-paced online courses:
- A complete beginner friendly online course, learn how to produce your own tracks
- 30+ video tutorials in 4h+ online video sessions with lifetime-access
Additionally you can get inspired by using one of our MIDI packs with nice pre-designed chord progressions to take, change and add into your own productions.
Midi Files pack includes more than 130 pre-designed chord progressions for all types of moods and compositions and overall more than 240+ quality MIDI files.
Intro: Ableton Beginners Course
Keywords: Using Ableton to make beats like Post Malone, Migos, Drake, Travis Scott, 2 Chainz, 21 Savage, A$AP Ferg, Blackbear, Chief Keef.