- Mastering. Complete mastering process, state of the art techniques, theoretical backgrounds and all you need to master your own music.
- Theoretical background. While going through state of the art mastering techniques, everything will be explained in detail.
- Pick up tricks and skills, save valuable time. Learn new techniques and apply them to your own tracks right away.
- Take Away. After taking this class, you'll have seen a complete mastering process in several different styles.
- Software used: Waves plugins, Fab-Filter Plugins, Izotope Ozone Plugins and Ableton Live stock effects.
What you are getting
✓ Basics of Mastering, advanced techniques and a complete start-to-finish production course.
✓ 45+ Studio sessions with Francois
✓ 5h+ online video sessions with lifetime-access
- ✓ Mastering Melodic Techno with Ableton stock effects
- ✓ Mastering a Pop Track with Ableton stock effects
- ✓ Mastering an EDM Track with Ableton stock effects
✓ Options: Be sure to check the available course options below including a package with our course "Mixing A Track From Start To Finish" and a Masterclass with Guido Werner.
- We are mastering a:
- ✓ Pop track explaining the foundations
- ✓ Future Bass track with Fab-Filter plugins
- ✓ Techno Track with all types of plugins
- ✓ Various tracks using Ableton stock plugins only.
This course will take you through
- ✓ Complete Mastering process for your own music
- ✓ Avoid common mastering errors
- ✓ Preparing your Mixdown
- ✓ Covering Theoretical Backgrounds
- ✓ Compression Techniques
- ✓ EQing Techniques
- ✓ Properly treat your bass frequencies
- ✓ Mastering with Ableton stock plugins
- ✓ Mastering with 3rd party plugins
- ✓ Master the essentials and theories of sound perception
What you will learn from this course:
Basics of Mastering and Mastering different styles with different tools
After having taken this class, you'll have seen a complete mastering process first hand in several different styles, executed with different tools: Waves plugins, Fab-Filter Plugins, Izotope Ozone Plugins and Ableton Live stock effects. We are starting with the basics and working through all the different important stages of the mastering process.
- Basic understanding of music production and an interest in finalizing your track in the mastering stage.
- If you'd like to use the bonus course files, Ableton Live 9.7 Standard would be needed. But you can follow the course being a user of any other DAW.
- Optional: If you would like to redo everything by yourself, a DAW such as Ableton, Logic Pro, FL Studio, etc. is needed as well as the mastering plugins by Fab Filter, Izotope Ozone and Waves.
What songs are being mastered in the course?
Full Course Curriculum
- 1 - Equalizer: Low Cut (3:37)
- (Free Preview) 2 - Equalizer: Balance (4:26)
- 3 - Equalizer: Matching EQ (4:25)
- Room & Speakers (2:38)
- 4 - Equalizer: Matching EQ Part 2 (3:00)
- 5 - Equalizer - EQing the Track Part 1 (9:42)
- 6 - Equalizer - EQing the Track Part 2 (7:22)
- 7 - Multiband Compression (16:50)
- Metering - Decibel (1:55)
- (Free Preview) Metering - RMS (3:25)
- (Free Preview) 8 - Compression (14:48)
- 9 - Limiter (6:06)
- 10 - Metering (9:01)
- 11 - Stereo Imaging (9:14)
- 12 - Final Touches EQ (6:16)
- 13 - Optional Maximizer (3:52)
- Exporting Dithering (3:13)
- Metering - Fletcher Munson Curve (1:33)
- Metering - LUFS (1:35)
- Metering - Spotify & Other Services (4:19)
- Mastering Chain Blueprint (2:31)
Choose Your Course Plan
Course Pack Basic
✓ Mastering Course (5h+ Tutorials)
✓ incl. all course files
Course Pack Plus
✓ Mastering Course (5h+ Tutorials)
✓ incl. all course files
✓ (save more than 20% compared to single prices)
What People Say
- "Guys: just a big complement! such great courses. I already enrolled in two! Keep up the good work!"
- - Chris Kolbe (via Facebook)
- "I just wanted to send you a small email saying this course really has been a game changer. I have learned so much in such a small time frame. Everything was explained so well I could actually follow what you were saying and copy it to my own music" - Colton M.
- "I'm learning so much from your stuff it's ridiculous. A huge "THANK YOU" goes out to you, keep up the great work :)"
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Do I need to own specific Software / Plugins / Packs?
Nothing is needed for watching the course. If you want to follow along step-by-step, you might need to have specific software installed. You’ll find a section called "Whats required?" on this page, indicating the specific requirements for this course. Make sure you have the mentioned necessary software, packs and plugins installed on your system.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the course part. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
How do I access course files, if any are included?
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Where will I be able to log into my course?
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here:
If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
Can I save money by getting one of the bundles?
Yes absolutely. The offered bundles give the best value by far with an extra discount of at least 30% on the usual shop prices. Including more sound packs, you'll get a perfect start to dive deeper. You'll be able to reverse engineer the project files and discover how to improve your own productions.
What if I have further questions?
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FabFilter: Pro-C2, Pro-L, Pro-MB, Pro-Q2, Pro-R, Saturn
- Waves: CLA-2A, C1, L2, PAZ Analyzer,
- BX: Meter
- iZotope: Insight, Ozone 7
- Ableton Live stock effects.
- The techniques used in the course apply for every DAW. If you'd like to use the bonus course files, Ableton Live 9.7 Standard or higher would be needed.
Keywords: Mastering with Izotope Ozone, LUFS vs dbFS, Fab-Filter Saturn, Mastering with Fab-Filter only, Mastering with Ableton only, Fletcher-Munson Curve, Mastering Chain Blueprint