- We asked our friend and professional Mixing Engineer Guido Werner to take our template "Shipwrecked" (which was produced using only Ableton stock effects and Serum) and perform a professional mixing and mastering on it.
- We granted him the freedom to use all his favorite VST Plugins for this purpose. We only had one condition: Record, explain and comment on everything you do while working on this project - and that's exactly what he did.
- Now you have the chance to join in and look over his shoulder - this class is fire!
What you are getting
✓ A complete start-to-finish mixing and mastering course, watch all tutorials at your own pace, as many times as you want and then use the techniques for your own music.
✓ 25+ Studio sessions with Guido / Cat&Beats
✓ 5h+ online video sessions with lifetime-access
✓ Bonus: Ableton Projects, before and after, used in this course (using Ableton Live 10 Suite).
What you you will learn from this course
This course is set up so that you learn how to mix your own production from A to Z. The project has one goal and that is to make a professional, in the box, mix. This Masterclass is taught by Guido Werner from CatAndBeats and MixMasterYou. He will teach you all about different types of compressors, when to use which, how to listen, how to setup a file that practically mixes itself, reverbs, delays and the mastering process. If you ever wanted to sit next to an engineer while he does his thing this is it.
This course will take you through:
- ✓ How to listen before mixing
- ✓ Identify the right song-part to start mixing
- ✓ Kickdrum eqing
- ✓ Layering snare drums
- ✓ Using send effects properly
- ✓ Bus compression
- ✓ Mixing instruments
- ✓ Editing vocals
- ✓ Using saturation & distortion to add upper harmonics
- ✓ Filtering, eqing, envelope shaping
- ✓ Layering and sound stacking
- ✓ Correctly use groups, send effects and audio while mixing
- ✓ Two us processing
- ✓ Fixing according to feedback
- ✓ Mastering
Choose Your Course Plan
✓ MASTERCLASS FUTURE BASS
Full 5h+ Masterclass
✓ incl. project files
Mixing & Mastering Bundle
✓ 5 Full Length Online Courses
✓ life-time access
Tip: You already bought some courses and want to upgrade? Get in touch for your custom offer!
- 02 - Setting Up The Mindset (6:20)
- 03 - Cleaning Up (5:28)
- 02 - Snaredrum Layering And Eqing (17:53)
- 03 - Hihat Replacement (8:56)
- 04 - Snap & Open-Hihat (6:18)
- 05 - The Sends (14:38)
- 06 - Drumbus compression (10:40)
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Do I need to own specific Software / Plugins / Packs?
Nothing is needed for watching the course. If you want to follow along step-by-step, you might need to have specific software installed. You’ll find a section called "Whats required?" on this page, indicating the specific requirements for this course. Make sure you have the mentioned necessary software, packs and plugins installed on your system. Our Harmony Course doesn't require any software. If you're not completely sure, hit us with a quick email.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the course part. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
How do I access course files, if any are included?
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Where will I be able to log into my course?
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here:
If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
Can I save money by getting one of the bundles?
Yes absolutely. The offered bundles give the best value by far with an extra discount of at least 30% on the usual shop prices. Including more sound packs, you'll get a perfect start to dive deeper. You'll be able to reverse engineer the project files and discover how to improve your own productions.
What if I have further questions?
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org
✓ Basic understanding of using Ableton (like loading files, loading plugins
- ✓ Ableton Live 10 Suite
- ✓ VST: Serum
- ✓ Plugins: Analog Strings by Output, Vulf Compressor 3 by Goodhertz, Ozone Imager (free plugin) by Izotope, Ozone 8 Advanced by Izotope, Aphex Vintage Exciter by Waves, CLA 76 by Waves, API 2500 by Waves, Decapitator by Soundtoys