- ✓ Start To Finish. Starting from nothing we are creating drums, sounds, fx, chords, arrangements, until we have a finished, mixed & mastered track.
- ✓ Follow along the full production process. While going through all important stages of the production, everything will be explained in detail.
- ✓ Pick up tricks and skills, save valuable time. Learn new techniques and apply them to your own productions right away.
- ✓ Ableton Live + Massive. We are only using these two pieces of software.
What you are getting
✓ A complete start-to-finish production course, watch all tutorials at your own pace, as many times as you want and then use the techniques for your own music.
✓ 35+ Studio sessions with Francois / PML
✓ 7h+ online video sessions with lifetime-access
✓ Bonus: Ableton Project File created in this course (using Ableton Live 9 Standard (or higher) + NI Massive) and all samples used are included as well.
What you you will learn from this course
After having taken this class, you'll have seen a complete production process first hand, starting from nothing and working through all the different important stages of the production process, from start to finish. The track is inspired by artists like Ame, Adriatique, Boris Brechja and of course, Francois Rengere.
What song is being produced in the course?
Part 1: Setup & Introduction
In this part we are setting up Ableton, downloading the files, talking about the general workflow and getting started.
Part 2: Building the basics (Arrangement View)
In this part we are starting with the production of a drum pattern, adding kicks, claps, high hats and other percussion elements. We then tweak those sounds to taste and add effects to make them sit nicely together. We're also adding the first instruments, bass sounds, stabs, pads and arpeggios. Then, we're designing effects to support the general atmosphere of the track.
Part 3: Putting it together
This part is focussed on the song arrangement. We are discussing how to set up a typical club arrangement, where to add tiny and longer break parts, how to develop tension and when and how to release it. We're producing intro and build-up parts, the arrangement towards our main drop and the developments after the main drop as well as the outro.
Part 4: Working on transitions
This section is focussed on fine-tuning the arrangement, we are trying to get our transitions as natural and smooth as possible, making use of lots of tricks and effects along the way.
Part 5: Finalizing - Mixing and Mastering
In this finalizing part we are cleaning up our project to prepare it for our mixing stage. The mixing stage is one of the most important steps before mastering, so we are trying to get everything as clean and well organized as possible. We are talking about different mixing techniques in this part too. Then we are entering the mastering stage, setting up a complete mastering chain using only Ableton built-in effects and discussing why we are choosing the elements in that way.
Part 6: Bonus videos
This section contains an Ableton-refresher for everybody feeling that its been a while since their last Ableton session. We also added videos on how to create custom audio effects and racks in Ableton Live and how to set up your own instruments, just using multiple recordings. We are also addressing important differences between the Ableton versions 9.2 and 9.5 and higher.
Free Previews: Take A Look Inside
Choose Your Course Plan
Course Pack Basic
✓ Full 7h+ Online Course
✓ incl. project files and all presets and samples used
Course Pack Ultimate
✓ Full 7h+ Online Course
✓ incl. project files and all presets and samples used
✓ Deep Premium Vol. 1 Drum Sample Pack (750+ Pro Drum Samples)
✓ 240+ MIDI files (Chords, Melodies, Plucks)
(14+ Pro Techno Ableton Templates (3 with Arturia Mini))
Full Course Curriculum
- 01 - Adding Kick and Sidechain (7:12)
- 02 - Adding Claps, Hihats, Percs (13:40)
- 03 - Claps tweaking (9:09)
- 04 - More Clap Tweaking (8:46)
- 05 - Hihats + Loop (9:54)
- 06 - Tom FX (9:15)
- (Free Preview) 07 - Cymbal Ride (9:52)
- 08 - Adding Effects (+ Arranged File Download) (18:24)
- 09 - Adding Bass (14:39)
Show All ↓
- Arrangement Basics (2:18)
- 18 - First Arrangement Part I (21:33)
- 19 - First Arrangement Part II (11:47)
- 19.5 - Project File After First Arrangement (+ Download) (3:07)
- (Free Preview) 20 - Adding White Noise FX (9:50)
- 21 - Adding Reverse FX (15:25)
- 22 - Adding Break Elements (22:30)
- 23 - Break Arrangement and Chords (29:22)
- 24 - Voice Break Elements + Master FX (10:40)
- 25 - Main Drop Prepare (+ Delay Automation) (11:32)
- 26 - Arrangement after Main Drop (25:51)
What People Say
- "It's an awesome course. Very detailed and thorough. I've been producing for a long time but it's just great to pick up little tips, tricks and also to get a different perspective and to gain knowledge. When people including me can drop thousands of $ on hardware and software, spending 30 on something which actually helps you make your productions sound better is a no brainer." - Adrian M. (via Facebook comment)
- "It’s superb, I’m looking to purchase a lot more walk through a solely based off this package!!! Best tutorial I've experienced" - Paul S. (via Facebook comment)
- "I'm learning so much from your stuff it's ridiculous. A huge "THANK YOU" goes out to you, keep up the great work :)"
- - Denis
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Do I need to own specific Software / Plugins / Packs?
Nothing is needed for watching the course. If you want to follow along step-by-step, you might need to have specific software installed. You’ll find a section called "Whats required?" on this page, indicating the specific requirements for this course. Make sure you have the mentioned necessary software, packs and plugins installed on your system. Our Harmony Course doesn't require any software. If you're not completely sure, hit us with a quick email.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the course part. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
How do I access course files, if any are included?
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Where will I be able to log into my course?
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here:
If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
Can I save money by getting one of the bundles?
Yes absolutely. The offered bundles give the best value by far with an extra discount of at least 30% on the usual shop prices. Including more sound packs, you'll get a perfect start to dive deeper. You'll be able to reverse engineer the project files and discover how to improve your own productions.
What if I have further questions?
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org
✓ Basic understanding of using Ableton (like loading files, creating MIDI clips, etc - check our other mini Ableton refresher in Part 6 for the basics)
- ✓ Ableton Live 9.7 Standard (or higher) - you can also follow along with 9.2
- ✓ VST: NI Massive (1.3xx or higher)
- ✓ no other 3rd party plugins needed