Course: Analog Melodic Techno Track from Start To Finish
NEW in August 2017!
Producing an "Analog" Melodic Techno Track (4K resolution)
- Start To Finish. Starting from nothing we are creating drums, sounds, fx, chords, arrangements, until we have a finished, mixed & mastered track.
- Follow along the full production process. While going through all important stages of the production, everything will be explained in detail.
- Pick up tricks and skills, save valuable time. Learn new techniques and apply them to your own productions right away.
- Ableton Live 9 Standard + Arturia Mini V3. We are only using these two pieces of software.
Watch Introduction to the Course:
What you're getting:
Basic Course Option - Contents:
A complete start-to-finish production course, watch all tutorials at your own pace, as many times as you want and then use the techniques for your own music.
35+ Studio sessions with Francois / Production Music Live
6h+ online video sessions with lifetime-access
Bonus: Ableton Project File created in this course (using Ableton Live 9.7.2 Standard + Arturia Mini V3.1.xx) and all samples used are included as well.
Premium Course Options Available:
The available upgrade options include professional drum sample packs, preset packs and expertly crafted MIDI files for chord progressions, melodies, pluck sounds,.. as well as project files, helping you get great results quicker. 4 options available:
- Option 1: Start To Finish Course (including Project File and used samples)
- Option 2: Option 1 + PLUS Arturia Mini V3 Sound Pack: Melodic Techno (100+ Presets, 100+ MIDIs, 100+ Drums, 8+ Beat Templates) (save 33% compared to single prices)
- Option 3: Option 2 + PLUS Analog Deep Techno Bundle (incl. templates Analog Zulu, Analog Moods, Analog Rooms) + Course: How to use Arturia MINI V3 for Sound Design (save more than 33% compared to single prices)
What you will learn from this course:
Producing an Analog Melodic Techno Track
After having taken this class, you'll have seen a complete production process first hand, starting from nothing and working through all the different important stages of the production process, from start to finish. The track is inspired by artists like Ame, Adriatique, Bodzin, Steyoyoke Label and of course, Francois Rengere.
- Basic understanding of using Ableton (like loading files, creating MIDI clips, etc - check our other mini Ableton refresher in Part 7 for the basics)
- Ableton Live 9.7.2 Standard (or higher) - you can also follow along with 9.2 (the only difference is the Simpler, an extra video explains it)
- VST: NI Arturia Mini V3 (126.96.36.199 or higher)
- no other 3rd party plugins needed
What song is being produced in the course?
The course will take you through:
- Idea generation (Arrangement View)
- Advanced MIDI writing techniques
- Writing fat and powerful drums
- Writing Chords
- Sound Design (with Arturia Mini V3)
- Creating industrial effects and noise techniques
- Filtering, EQing, Envelope shaping
- Layering and sound stacking
- Creating melodic techno melodies
- Creative arrangement (taking your 8 Bar loops and turning them into a full song)
- Mixing: We are completely mixing the track using techniques like "frequency masking", mid-side mixing, and many more
- Mastering: in the end we are fully mastering the track with a custom Ableton effect rack chain.
- 01 - Basics & Adding Kick and Sidechain (8:59)
- 02 - Adding Snares and Claps (6:38)
- 03 - Adding fast Hihats (8:20)
- 04 - Adding a Ride (4:58)
- 05 - Adding Driving Ride (8:25)
- 06 - Adding Clap Fills (5:40)
- 07 - Adding a Crash Buildup (7:06)
- 08 (1) - Adding Send & Return FX (7:49)
- 08 (2) - Adjusting the Send FX on all drums (7:38)
- 09 - Adding Shakers and FX processing (10:00)
- 10 - Adding various Hihats for the Intro section (13:37)
- 11 - Adding Rim Shots (3:21)
- 12 - Arrangement View Setup (5:19)
- 13 - Adding Audio FX for Transitions (7:01)
- 14 - Mini Groove Bass (Mono Part) (9:36)
- 15 - Groove Bass (Stereo Layers) (6:58)
- 16 - Blip Element (5:07)
- (Free Preview) 17 - Adding Deep Pluck Sounds (1) (7:50)
- 17 - Adding Deep Pluck Sounds (2) (6:55)
- 18 - Adding Lead Sounds (1) (6:29)
- 18 - Adding Lead Sounds (2,3) (7:35)
- 19 - Adding Leads (4-5) (7:57)
- 20 - Adding a Pad + Atmo FX for the Intro (10:26)
- 21 - Additional Sine Arps and Keys for the Bridge (11:57)
What people say:
@prodmusiclive I just want to thank you for your Harmony & Chord course. Just started and I am understanding music so much better!— Lorenzo Hernandez (@Noobdewd) December 1, 2016
@prodmusiclive Your course on Harmony and Chord progressions is what I've always needed to get into musical theory. Thanks guys!— C. Alexandre (@AlexandreCoin) November 29, 2016
Big shout out to @prodmusiclive for their ridiculously good tutorials on learning how to produce! You made it seem so much easier :')
— Raheem D (@RaheemDTV) 29. September 2016
Hey, really follow @prodmusiclive and check out their videos, so awsome to learn. Im proud of producers like that, teaching so much. GREAT!!
— M!KE (@mikii95) 20. Juli 2015
@prodmusiclive The stephan bodzin & adriatique videos (sound design) is AMAZING!! More of these series please!!!!!— Rafael C. V. (@Rafaelcv88) September 5, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions:
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the course part. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Don't worry, you don’t need to have a Paypal account to purchase any of our courses / products. You can also simply use your credit card. For some transactions, we process payments through Paypal’s site, without the need of actually having an account there. If your having trouble with Paypal try using a different internet browser or device/computer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding this.
By scrolling up, you’ll find a section containing the specific requirements for this course. Make sure you have the mentioned necessary software, packs and plugins installed on your system. Our Harmony Course doesn't require any software in the basic version. If you're not completely sure, hit us with a quick email.
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: email@example.com
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here: PML Courses Login. If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
Yes absolutely. The offered bundles give the best value by far with an extra discount of at least 30% on the usual shop prices. Including more sound packs, you'll get a perfect start to dive deeper. You'll be able to reverse engineer the project files and discover how to improve your own productions.
More of what people say:
- "Bro, I have been watching your vids for a while. you got my attention after the tutorial for odd concept. I must say I consider your tutorials as one of the best on entire YouTube. champions league. And I have watched a few hundreds by many different producers for years. your whole presentation is brilliant. you are very focused and you go into many details both from a musical and a technical point of view. and it is still easy to follow you. on top your voice and your talking in general is very likeable. I very much appreciate your tutorials and I thank you for your hard work. keep it up, please! I am looking forward to getting more content from you. Maybe some typical modern techno with a deep low and developing bass line. or something with a dark mood a la oliver huntemann - schatten. I am sure your channel will grow a lot. At least I think you definitely deserve it. best wishes, Markus" - Markus Shogun (Youtube comment)
- "I think your course "Producing a Modern Track from Start to Finish in Ableton" was phenomenal. Please make more courses like this!" - Eduardo A.
- "Guys: just a big complement! such great courses. I already enrolled in two! Keep up the good work!" - Chris Kolbe
- "I just completed the last video and want to thank you for a great course. I did many tutorials in the past from *****.com and other websites and they are great at teaching you how to work with the daw or producing sounds, but this is the only one that actually teaches how to structure your song and how to build all the parts. Thanks again and best of luck!" - Alex B. (student)
- "Thank you very much, your tutorials are easily the best i've come across after many years of searching. Please keep them coming." - Ryan K.
- "Thank you for producing great tutorials. Really has helped me learn so much and become a lot better!" - J.S
- "I'm learning so much from your stuff it's ridiculous. A huge "THANK YOU" goes out to you, keep up the great work :)"
- "I am overwhelmed by your work. You can tell how much effort and time you spend on each video/track. I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips and tricks you have shown us!"
- "Hey Francois, just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. Your tutorials are amazing and really helped me to improve my skills."
- "Thanks for sharing your knowledge - hope you´ll keep on making awesome tutorials.“
- "I just wanted to take a minute to say that your courses and tutorials are amazing and really helped me to improve my skills." – Yves C. (DJ / Producer - twitter: @itsyvees)
- "Awesome service!!! Amazingly good tutorials. Great presets and samples. And now even a free update. Thumbs up for u guys!!!" – Konstantin K. (post on our Facebook page)
- "Your page is so helpful i think i've watched almost every video!" – Josh D. (Youtube comment)
- "You explain everything in an easy way. There is no place I learned more about Ableton and Massive. Keep on doing this!" – Denis (Feedback form)