You save 52%
Join more than 40,000 students and improve daily
Hear what the community says about PML
We are very happy and don’t take it for granted to have such a great community spread across all these different channels. We love how you guys help each other out, review tracks and release killer tracks. Let’s hear from some of you.
Johannes Menzel - Techno Producer from Berlin Germany His song "Retaliate" got played by no one else than AMELIE LENS, UMEK, and many other top Techno DJs right now.
"When I heard the samples from the Deep Premium Pack II back in the day I was instantly hooked and knew I have never heard better sounding and better fitting drum samples for the sound I wanted to do, but could not quite get together. After I bought the first samples I fell in love with some synth presets, before I took all classes on sound design to make my own sounds. In the meantime we started cooperating and I have access to all sounds and samples (which is great), but I also contribute a lot of templates and samples myself. I am very happy for the opportunity to present my sounds to the big PML community and hope everybody out there now feel about my packs how I once felt."
“Hope you are doing well. I just finished your intro course on PML and the lesson was just great. I spent over 1000€ about 2 years ago at “XXX” and I came out with nothing. With 50€ that I paid for the course on PML I have 2 finished tracks within 2 days, something I have been trying to do for years. Thank you!”
“For anyone wondering if buying the full PML package is worth it.. It is!! Incredible. You guys are the best. Thanks!”
“Bought the full bundle. Never bought anything before, but decided to widen/deepen my Ableton horizons, especially in more melodic techno styles. The courses are really STEP BY STEP. Looked everywhere to get me started in this genre: only PML offers it. I’m not being sponsored or anything: it’s worth every dollar as inspiration (and “Savoir faire”) is paramount.”
What Pros Say About Us
“If you want to learn how to make a track in the style of my song ‘Vale’, then check out the course on Production Music Live. They explained everything using only Ableton Live and it’s really, really interesting. Go check it out!”
- Ben Böhmer
Berlin based producer & live act. @benbohmermusic
“I regularly recommend PML to my audience. The quality and affordability of their courses is pretty hard to beat!”
Tutor / Ableton Certified Trainer
“I have been an underground Techno Girl forever, but of course I love to work with high quality samples & sounds to get better results quicker. PML stuff definitely helps!”
- Stine Benz
DJ / Producer @stinebenz
“The courses, presets and samples from PML got my music to a whole new level. Always very inspiring and ready to use. Cheers mates!”
- Eddy Barbour
Producer / Surfer
“When I heard the samples from the Deep Premium Pack II back in the day I was instantly hooked and knew I have never heard better sounding and better fitting drum samples for the sound I wanted to do.”
- Johannes Menzel
Techno Producer from Berlin Germany His song "Retaliate" got played by no one else than AMELIE LENS, UMEK, and many other top Techno DJs right now. @johannes.berlin
Courses and sounds are yours forever. Learn at your own pace with no time limits!
Samples and Loops are always royalty free. You can use them in your professional and person projects.
If you’re not satisfied, get in touch within 5 days and we will offer a full refund.
Downloads and Offline
You will be sent a download link for your files, sounds and presets. Courses can be viewed offline through the Teachable app.
Course: MASSIVE + Sound Design
Course: MASSIVE + Sound Design
Options from €14,90
Learn Sound Design with Massive
About this Course
Sound Design. Starting with the basics, you will learn how to make sounds that fit perfectly, develop your own presets and sound unique.
Follow along the full sound design process. While going through all important stages of creating sounds, everything will be explained in detail.
Pick up tricks and skills, save valuable time. Learn new techniques and apply them to your own productions right away.
Software. NI Massive version 1.3 or higher
What You Get
- Learn Synthesis & Sound Design with this complete course for NI Massive (Beginner & Intermediate Level). Watch tutorials at your own pace.
- 30+ Studio sessions with Francois / PML
- 4h+ online video sessions with lifetime-access
- All presets we are designing in the course included.
This course will take you through:
- Interface and signal flow in Massive
- Basics of synthesis with Massive
- Wavetable oscillators
- Modulation oscillators
- Noise generators
- Filtering / Filter types
- Performance / Stepper modes
- Insert FX
- Master FX
- Macro Controls
- Envelope shaping
- Creating pitch effects, LFO shapes and noise techniques
- Layering and sound stacking
- Creating state of the art sound designs in Massive
- Bass sound design
- Pad sound design
- Lead sound design
- Creative sound design
- Fx sound design
- 06 Feedback (2:30)
- 07 Filters - Routing (8:59)
- 08 Filter Options (13:19)
- 09 Insert Effects (6:52)
- 10 Master Effects (11:28)
- 11 Modulation (17:34)
- 12 Keytracking (6:02)
- 13 LFO's (Low Frequency Oscillators) (11:31)
- 14 Performer & Stepper (5:12)
- 15 Macro Controls (5:26)
- 16 Global View (3:54)
- 17 Summing Up the Basics (9:26)
- Session - Future House Bass (8:33)
- Session - Pop Pluck (10:19) Free Preview
- Session - Elephant Bass (7:25)
- Session - Electro Lead (13:43)
- Session - 808 Kick (4:41)
- Session - LFO Chords (8:48)
- Session - Summer Flute (7:46)
- Session - Verse Bass (10:46)
- Session - Tennis Lead (13:26)
- Session - Pitch-Shift Effect (9:06)
- New: 3/2017 Bonus Session: EDM Super Saw Synth (9:53)
- Gliding Bass Sound - (e.g. Chillstep, Dubstep, RnB, HipHop, Trap) - with Francois (8:58)
- VIBES Pad - (Deep House, Chill, Tropical) - with Francois (7:26)
- Lfo Wobble Bass - with Francois (6:27)
- Creating A Pitch Riser EDM Effect FX - (Calvin Harris, Alesso, Garrix Styles) - with Francois (5:33)
- Tropical Pluck Lead Sound - (Tropical House) - with Francois (13:05)
- Elephant Bass - (Trombone style, Ten Walls Style) - with Francois (7:25)
- "Analog" Bass - (Deep, Techno, Underground House) - with Tom (17:24)
- Techno Lead Sound - (Melodic Techno, Deep House, Underground, Bodzin) - with Tom (7:11)
- "Touched" Synth - (What So Not, Flume Style) - with Francois (7:59)
- Tropical Flute - (Tropical House) - with Francois (10:27)
- Guitar Pluck Sound - with Tom (11:17)
- Deep Tech House Bass - Sound Design Analysis - with Francois (11:41)
- Warm Saw Pad - (Tropical and Deep House) - with Francois (4:20)
Join 10,000+ Students
Choose Your Course Plan
FAQs and Requirements
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the courses?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to the courses for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What type of audio files are the samples?
24bit 44.1K WAV Files
What if I am unhappy with my order?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the courses parts. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
How do I access course files, if any are included?
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Where will I be able to log into my course?
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here:
If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
There is one way of watching videos offline for example if you are travelling with an iPad and you are not always within reach of a stable internet connection: We have activated the option of MyTeachable accounts on our videos so you can watch videos offline through the “Teachable Online Courses” iOS App.
I already own some courses/packs. Can I upgrade?
You already bought some courses / packs and want to upgrade? Get in touch for your custom offer!
Will future courses be automatically added to my bundle?
The bundle is a snapshot including the available courses and packs at the time of your purchase. Future courses / packs will not be automatically included.
Is this a subscription to future products?
No. This is a one time payment for the courses/packs currently included in the bundle
What if I have further questions?
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NI Massive version 1.3 or higher