Music Theory for Melodic Techno and House
Sales Season Now! €68,50 €137,00
One payment. Money Back Guarantee.
Everything Bundle - Collector's Edition 2023
Sales Season Now! €497,00 €994,00
Save 94% compared to buying single prices.
- 50+ Online Courses & Masterclasses including
- Full 20h+ Masterclasses by Pro Artists
- Full 15h+ Beginners & Music Theory Bundle
- Full 15h+ Mixing & Mastering Bundle
- Full Suite of START TO FINISH Courses
- Melodic Techno & Techno,…
- Deep House & Melodic House,…
- All Sample & Preset Packs (25,000+ HQ Files)
- 100+ Ableton Projects (House, Techno, Melodic..)
- All Bonuses and PDFs
- 200+ Hour Library of Exclusive Content
- Everything you need with life-time access to your videos
*FL Studio products are not included in the Everything Bundle!
One payment. Money Back Guarantee.
Join more than 40,000 students and improve daily
Hear what the community says about PML
We are very happy and don’t take it for granted to have such a great community spread across all these different channels. We love how you guys help each other out, review tracks and release killer tracks. Let’s hear from some of you.
Johannes Menzel - Techno Producer from Berlin Germany His song "Retaliate" got played by no one else than AMELIE LENS, UMEK, and many other top Techno DJs right now.
"When I heard the samples from the Deep Premium Pack II back in the day I was instantly hooked and knew I have never heard better sounding and better fitting drum samples for the sound I wanted to do, but could not quite get together. After I bought the first samples I fell in love with some synth presets, before I took all classes on sound design to make my own sounds. In the meantime we started cooperating and I have access to all sounds and samples (which is great), but I also contribute a lot of templates and samples myself. I am very happy for the opportunity to present my sounds to the big PML community and hope everybody out there now feel about my packs how I once felt."
“Hope you are doing well. I just finished your intro course on PML and the lesson was just great. I spent over 1000€ about 2 years ago at “XXX” and I came out with nothing. With 50€ that I paid for the course on PML I have 2 finished tracks within 2 days, something I have been trying to do for years. Thank you!”
“For anyone wondering if buying the full PML package is worth it.. It is!! Incredible. You guys are the best. Thanks!”
“Bought the full bundle. Never bought anything before, but decided to widen/deepen my Ableton horizons, especially in more melodic techno styles. The courses are really STEP BY STEP. Looked everywhere to get me started in this genre: only PML offers it. I’m not being sponsored or anything: it’s worth every dollar as inspiration (and “Savoir faire”) is paramount.”
What Artists Say About Us
“It's getting so much easier the last years because there are so many videos on Youtube to help you get started! Also channels like Production Music Live post some cool tips and tricks!”
- Amelie Lens
Belgian DJ and Record Producer when asked what she recommends for learning Ableton Live on Instagram
“Working with the samples from Polaroit was really inspiring, fun and quick. Especially the piano chords & progressions provide an instant idea for a whole track. The drum hits & loops blend in seamlessly.”
- Janus Rasmussen
Producer / Artist (Kiasmos) said about the Polaroit Sample Pack
“There are so many inspirational ready to use sounds in there, that I am sure it is going to be useful to most electronic music producers!”
- Jonas Saalbach
Producer (Radikon) said about the Deep & Tech House Songstarters Suite
“If you want to learn how to make a track in the style of my song ‘Vale’, then check out the course on Production Music Live. They explained everything using only Ableton Live and it’s really, really interesting. Go check it out!”
- Ben Böhmer
Berlin based producer & live act. @benbohmermusic
"The Kicks & Ambiences of this pack are amazing. You can create your main loop within minutes. Good job!"
- Oscar L
Producer / DJ (Suara, Toolroom) said about PML's Weska Sample Pack
“I regularly recommend PML to my audience. The quality and affordability of their courses is pretty hard to beat!”
Tutor / Ableton Certified Trainer
“I have been an underground Techno Girl forever, but of course I love to work with high quality samples & sounds to get better results quicker. PML stuff definitely helps!”
- Stine Benz
DJ / Producer @stinebenz
“When I heard the samples from the Deep Premium Pack II back in the day I was instantly hooked and knew I have never heard better sounding and better fitting drum samples for the sound I wanted to do.”
- Johannes Menzel
Techno Producer from Berlin Germany His song "Retaliate" got played by no one else than AMELIE LENS, UMEK, and many other top Techno DJs right now. @johannes.berlin
"I had not only fun, but also good results working with Weska's Pack. Definitely check it out!"
- Bart Skils
Producer / DJ (Drumcode) said about PML's Weska Sample Pack
“When I produce a new track I spend hours recording little fillers and organic grooves or phrases that make a song unique. With Organica you have a professionally recorded and great sounding library of natural sounds at your fingertips.”
- Felix Raphael
Producer & Live Act (Stil vor Talent, YION) said about our Organica Production Suite
“Stil vor Talent wanted to release a Sample Pack Collection for quite some time now. With PML we have found the right partner and with Cioz the perfect producer to kick off this series. When I got the first copy of the pack I was blown away by the usability of the samples and loops - every sound is inspiring!”
- Oliver Koletzki
Berlin-based artist, DJ and Stil vor Talent label-owner
Courses and sounds are yours forever. Learn at your own pace with no time limits!
Samples and Loops are always royalty free. You can use them in your professional and personal projects.
Money Back Guaranteed
If you’re not satisfied, get in touch within 5 days and we will offer a full refund.
Downloads and Offline
You will be sent a download link for your files, sounds and presets. Courses can be viewed offline through the Teachable app.
Music Theory for Melodic Techno and House
Sales Season Now!
Sales Season Now!
Options from €68,50 €137,00
🛡30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Take your productions to the next level with the most in-depth course on Music Theory for Melodic Techno and House on PML!
PML Product Number: PML285
Unlock Your Creative Potential
Master Music Theory and Harmony for Melodic House and Melodic Techno
About this Course
This practical music theory and harmony bundle is the ultimate guide to understanding the inner workings of melodic house and techno. Through a combination of theoretical concepts and practical application, you'll learn essential theory/harmony concepts and tricks to use in everyday production.
No specific DAW needed to take this course!
- 13.5h of Learning Material
- 78 Practical Sessions
- 7 In-Depth Chapters Covering:
- Basics for Beginners
- Theory of Chord Progressions
- Typical Chord Progressions for Melodic House
- Melodies and Arps for Melodic House
- Common Chord Progressions for Melodic Techno
- Harmony for Melodic Techno
- Arps and Melodies for Melodic Techno
- 14 Bonus Sessions(1.5h and growing) Covering :
- Advanced Scales and Modes
- How to write Chords to Melodies
- Advanced Chord Techniques
- BIG MIDI Pack: 300+ MIDIs of Chord Progressions, Melodies, Arps, and Basslines
300+ Midi Pack Included
Try FREE MIDI Chord Taster Pack Now!
Get 20 of PML's Top Chord Progressions Presets
Sign up above to get your chord progressions now.
Students are saying...
“This content is really quite amazing. You guys are so far beyond what anybody else is offering. The harmony studies feature only artists that I actually care about. I’ve been waiting for a course like this forever, and never thought anyone would make one this relevant. It’s also given me the idea to try Dorian and see if any of my crap chord progressions might end up sounding decent. Yannek Maunz is a great teacher too. Keep up the great work! Kiyan Aza. (Student)”
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for electronic music producers - we are going to take the perspective of someone working inside a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) - like Logic, Ableton Live, FL Studio.
The course is for beginners but its also suitable for advanced learners of the subject as we go into great detail after our first “basics” block is covered.
You Will Learn
Build a strong understanding of the fundamental music theory concepts that form the basis of melodic house and techno.
Unique Chord Progressions
Discover how to craft innovative and captivating chord progressions that elevate the originality of your music. Learn the rules so you can break them.
Learn how to use arps effectively to add complexity, depth, and movement to your melodic compositions, creating mesmerizing musical textures.
Master the techniques for creating memorable and compelling melodies that hook listeners and keep them captivated throughout your tracks.
You'll learn how to implement these skills in the context of Melodic House and Techno productions factoring in the complete producing process including sound design and mixing.
- 1. Introduction and Kick in the style of Ben Böhmer (12:09) Free Preview
- 1.2 Hihat in the style of Ben Böhmer (7:56)
- 1.3 Layering in the style of Ben Böhmer Part 1 (6:57)
- 1.4 Layering in the style of Ben Böhmer Part 2 (4:18)
- 1.5 Layering in the style of Ben Böhmer Part 3 (8:20)
- 2. Groove in the style of Tim Green Part 1 (14:54)
- 2.2 Groove in the style of Tim Green Part 2 (12:01)
- 3. Groove in the style of Solanca Part 1 (21:02)
- 3.2 Groove in the style of Solanca Part 2 (20:49)
- 3.3 Groove in the style of Solanca Part 3 (14:45)
- 1. Introduction into Harmony Course (4:48)
- 1.2 Intervals (pdf download inside) (11:16)
- 1.3 Scale (7:49)
- 1.4 Triads (7:54)
- 1.5 Overview and Definition of a Chord (10:40)
- 2. Roman Numerals and Scale Degrees (3:10)
- 2.2 Inversions (6:55)
- 2.3 Minor Scale (5:57)
- 3. Seventh Chords (14:27)
- 3.2 Sus Chords (9:41)
- 3.3 Power Chords (5:41)
- 3.4 Voicing (4:02)
- 4. Chord Progression (9:34)
- 4.2 Chord Progression Part 2 (7:56)
- 4.3 Chord Substitution (9:50)
- 4.4 Timing and Length (12:32)
- 4.5 Passing Chords (7:55)
- 4.6 Borrowed Chords (6:23)
- 4.7 Borrowed Chords Practical Example (5:59)
- 4.8 Secondary Dominants (7:06)
- 4.9 Summary Harmony Basics (3:04)
- 1. Model: Fundamental Concept 1 (8:05)
- 2. Modes Example: Dorian (9:08)
- 3. Modes: Fundamental Concept 2 (9:18)
- 4. Modes: Fundamental Concept 3 (3:42)
- 5. Modes Example Lydian + The Gist (7:41)
- 6. Modes: Sum Up and Take Aways (4:22)
- 7. Practical Session: Writing a Melody in F Phrygian (Festival Style) (14:16)
- 8. The Harmonic Minor Scale (2:16)
- 9. The Hungarian Minor Scale (4:11)
- 10. The Hirajoshi Scale (4:18)
- 11. What makes a "good" Chord Progression? (6:21)
- 12. Analysis of a "good" Chord Progression (7:09)
- 13. Smart Voicings, Voice Leading (4:59)
- 14. How To Write Chords For Your Melody (9:04)
- 1. Chord Progression in the Style of Ben Böhmer Part 1 (10:44)
- 2. Chord Progression in the Style of Ben Böhmer Part 2 (15:20)
- 3. Practical Session in the Style of Ben Böhmer (13:23)
- 4. Chord Progression in the Style of &Me (13:09)
- 5. Practical Session in the Style of &Me (9:32)
- 6. Nils Hofmann Chord Progression (11:43)
- 7. Nils Hofmann Practical Session (9:57)
- 8. Chord Progression in the Style of Jan Blomqvis (16:16)
- 9. Practical Session in the Style of Jan Blomqvist (12:55)
- 10. Chord Progression in the Style of Massane (20:08)
- 11. Practical Session in the Style of Massane (20:28)
- 12. Chord Progression in the Style of Mind Against (16:08)
- 11. Chord Progression in the Style of Rüfüs Du Sol (10:00) Free Preview
- 12. Practical Session in the Style of Rüfüs Du Sol (16:43)
- 1. Welcome Words and Introduction into Arpeggiator (10:32)
- 1.2 Ableton Arpeggiator (12:47)
- 1.3 Advanced Arpeggios (7:41)
- 2. Analysis of Massane Arps (7:06)
- 2.2 Analysis of Massane Arps (10:11)
- 2.3 Rules of Massane Arps (5:15)
- 2.4 Practical Session (10:29)
- 2.5 Practical Session (8:42)
- 2.6 Practical Session (9:35)
- 2.7 Practical Session (8:11)
- 2.8 Practical Session (13:01)
- 3. Analysis of Solanca Aprs (15:34)
- 3.2 Practical Session (18:21)
- 3.2 Practical Session (13:36)
- 4. Background Arps
- 4.2 Background Arps (6:51)
- 5. Final Thoughts (8:17)
- 6. Introduction to Melody (14:34) Free Preview
- 6.2 In the Style of Ben Böhmer (20:12)
- 6.3 Practical Session (15:45)
- 6.4 In the Style of Tim Green (18:52)
- 6.5 In the Style of Solanca (12:44)
- 6.6 Practical Session (11:50)
- 1. Common Chord Progression I (14:24)
- 2. Common Chord Progression II (10:07)
- 3. Harmony in the style of Hollt (9:05)
- 4. Harmony in the style of Innellea (13:57)
- 5. Arps in the style of Anyma (10:37)
- 6. Arps in the style of Agents of Time (9:58)
- 7. Arps in the style of Massano (10:01)
- 8. Arps in the style of Fideles (11:50)
- 9. Arp Analysis of the Start to Finish Course (6:58)
- 10. Arp Analysis of Thea (Midi Pack) (10:54)
- 11. Arp Analysis of Leo (Midi Pack) (10:10) Free Preview
- 12. Arp from Scratch (10:41)
- 13. Practical Session (13:33)
Musical Examples Used in this Course
Releasing Artist, producer
“I'm excited to help you unlock your full potential as a producer by sharing this essential knowledge for Melodic House."
Producer, Sound Designer
“Melodic Techno can be broken down into simple details. I’ll share the formulas the help you create tracks over and over.”
Producer (Parquet Recordings, A State Of Trance, Polystar Records)
“We'll guide you from basic to advanced theory techniques so you can produce the music you hear in your head.”
Do you own the Melodic House or Melodic Techno Start to Finish Academy?
Some content included in this harmony course was sourced from the Melodic House and Melodic Techno Academies. If you bought one of these academies and wish to expand your music theory knowledge, you can purchase this course at a discounted by logging in here.
FAQs and Requirements
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the courses?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to the courses for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
How do I download files?
After purchase you will receive an email with your personal download link - it will be sent to the email you use for the purchase. If you don’t see it, quickly check your spam folder and if you have any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I am unhappy with my order?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the courses parts. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
How do I access course files, if any are included?
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Where will I be able to log into my course?
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here:
If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
There is one way of watching videos offline for example if you are traveling with an iPad and you are not always within reach of a stable internet connection: We have activated the option of MyTeachable accounts on our videos so you can watch videos offline through the “Teachable Online Courses” iOS App.
I already own some courses/packs. Can I upgrade?
You already bought some courses / packs and want to upgrade? Get in touch for your custom offer!
What if I have further questions?
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: email@example.com
- No software is required to take this course or to use the included MIDI pack.
- Optional: Included in this course are Ableton Live 11 Suite project files that you can optionally use to follow along with parts of the course.