One payment. Money Back Guarantee.
2: Paid Course + Production Kit (350+ Future Bass MIDI Files & 100+ Massive Pop Presets & 800+ Deep Premium V2 Drum Samples)
YOU SAVE 30%
One payment. Money Back Guarantee.
3: Paid Course + Production Kit + Complete Pack (Pop / Trap / Lazer / Moombahton) - 15 Project Files (50% off)
YOU SAVE 34%
One payment. Money Back Guarantee.
Join more than 40,000 students and improve daily
Hear what the community says about PML
We are very happy and don’t take it for granted to have such a great community spread across all these different channels. We love how you guys help each other out, review tracks and release killer tracks. Let’s hear from some of you.
Johannes Menzel - Techno Producer from Berlin Germany His song "Retaliate" got played by no one else than AMELIE LENS, UMEK, and many other top Techno DJs right now.
"When I heard the samples from the Deep Premium Pack II back in the day I was instantly hooked and knew I have never heard better sounding and better fitting drum samples for the sound I wanted to do, but could not quite get together. After I bought the first samples I fell in love with some synth presets, before I took all classes on sound design to make my own sounds. In the meantime we started cooperating and I have access to all sounds and samples (which is great), but I also contribute a lot of templates and samples myself. I am very happy for the opportunity to present my sounds to the big PML community and hope everybody out there now feel about my packs how I once felt."
“Hope you are doing well. I just finished your intro course on PML and the lesson was just great. I spent over 1000€ about 2 years ago at “XXX” and I came out with nothing. With 50€ that I paid for the course on PML I have 2 finished tracks within 2 days, something I have been trying to do for years. Thank you!”
“For anyone wondering if buying the full PML package is worth it.. It is!! Incredible. You guys are the best. Thanks!”
“Bought the full bundle. Never bought anything before, but decided to widen/deepen my Ableton horizons, especially in more melodic techno styles. The courses are really STEP BY STEP. Looked everywhere to get me started in this genre: only PML offers it. I’m not being sponsored or anything: it’s worth every dollar as inspiration (and “Savoir faire”) is paramount.”
What Pros Say About Us
“It's getting so much easier the last years because there are so many videos on Youtube to help you get started! Also channels like Production Music Live post some cool tips and tricks!”
- Amelie Lens
Belgian DJ and Record Producer when asked what she recommends for learning Ableton live on Instagram
“There are so many inspirational ready to use sounds in there, that I am sure it is going to be useful to most electronic music producers!”
- Jonas Saalbach
Producer (Radikon) said about the Deep & Tech House Songstarters Suite
"The Kicks & Ambiences of this pack are amazing. You can create your main loop within minutes. Good job!"
- Oscar L
Producer / DJ (Suara, Toolroom) said about PML's Weska Sample Pack
“When I produce a new track I spend hours recording little fillers and organic grooves or phrases that make a song unique. With Organica you have a professionally recorded and great sounding library of natural sounds at your fingertips.”
- Felix Raphael
Producer & Live Act (Stil vor Talent, YION) said about our Organica Production Suite
“I regularly recommend PML to my audience. The quality and affordability of their courses is pretty hard to beat!”
Tutor / Ableton Certified Trainer
“I have been an underground Techno Girl forever, but of course I love to work with high quality samples & sounds to get better results quicker. PML stuff definitely helps!”
- Stine Benz
DJ / Producer @stinebenz
“If you want to learn how to make a track in the style of my song ‘Vale’, then check out the course on Production Music Live. They explained everything using only Ableton Live and it’s really, really interesting. Go check it out!”
- Ben Böhmer
Berlin based producer & live act. @benbohmermusic
“The courses, presets and samples from PML got my music to a whole new level. Always very inspiring and ready to use. Cheers mates!”
- Eddy Barbour
Producer / Surfer
“When I heard the samples from the Deep Premium Pack II back in the day I was instantly hooked and knew I have never heard better sounding and better fitting drum samples for the sound I wanted to do.”
- Johannes Menzel
Techno Producer from Berlin Germany His song "Retaliate" got played by no one else than AMELIE LENS, UMEK, and many other top Techno DJs right now. @johannes.berlin
"I had not only fun, but also good results working with Weska's Pack. Definitely check it out!"
- Bart Skils
Producer / DJ (Drumcode) said about PML's Weska Sample Pack
Courses and sounds are yours forever. Learn at your own pace with no time limits!
Samples and Loops are always royalty free. You can use them in your professional and person projects.
Money Back Guaranteed
If you’re not satisfied, get in touch within 5 days and we will offer a full refund.
Downloads and Offline
You will be sent a download link for your files, sounds and presets. Courses can be viewed offline through the Teachable app.
Course: Pop Track from Start To Finish (Chainsmoking Style)
Options from €29,90 €39,90
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Learn the Pop Production Process
About this Course
After having taken this class you'll have seen a complete production process first hand. Starting from nothing we are creating drums, sounds, fx, chords, arrangements, until we have a finished, mixed & mastered track.
Everything will be explained in detail as we go through all important stages of the production. Pick up tricks and skills, save valuable time, learn new techniques and apply them to your own productions right away.
What You Get
- A complete start-to-finish production course with lifetime access
- 35+ Studio sessions with Francois / PML
- 6h+ online video sessions with lifetime-access
- Bonus: Ableton Project Files created in this course (using Ableton Live 9 Standard + NI Massive and / or Serum)
Track We Produce
What you you will learn from this course
After having taken this class, you'll have seen a complete production process first hand, starting from nothing and working through all the different important stages of the production process, from start to finish. The track is inspired by artists like Chainsmokers with their widely known song "Closer". We are producing two versions. Version 1 works completely with MASSIVE, Version 2 works completely with Serum. So if you are using one of those two synths, you're ready to follow along. Also: you can use both synths and then use the best parts of each one
- Idea generation (Session + Arrangement View)
- MIDI writing techniques
- Writing powerful drums
- Writing Chords
- Sound Design
- Creating effects, techniques
- Filtering, EQing, Envelope shaping
- Layering and sound stacking
- Creating melodies
- Mixing: We are completely mixing the track
- Mastering: in the end we are fully mastering the track with a custom Ableton effect rack chain.
This course will take you through:
- Drums (1): Basic Beat with Kick, Snare, Hihat (14:10)
- Drums (2): Session View vs. Arrangement View (Beginner oriented) (1:47)
- Drums (3): Adding More Elements (12:08)
- Drums (4): Adding Effects To Drum Elements (1) (13:09)
- Drums (5): Adding Effects To Drum Elements (2) (15:45)
- Drums (6): More Tweaks (Adding Snips, Toms, Snare Rolls) (12:29)
- Instruments (1): Chord Writing Session (Beginner Style) (14:12)
- Instruments (2): Piano + Strings (13:11)
- Instruments (3): Bass Sounds with MASSIVE (7:11) Free Preview
- Instruments (4): Bass Sounds (Optional SERUM Version) (6:03)
- Instruments (5): Main Synths with MASSIVE (13:41)
- Instruments (6): Main Synths (Optional SERUM Version) (5:47)
- Instruments (7): Lead Melody with MASSIVE (13:04)
- Instruments (8): Lead Melody (Optional SERUM Version) (4:14)
- Instruments (9): Staccato Strings (10:06)
- Basic Mini Arrangement (10) (9:09)
- Instruments (11): Layering Strings + Pads (I) (17:12)
- Instruments (12): Layering Strings + Pads (II) (11:33)
- Instruments (13): Layering Strings + Pads (Optional SERUM Version) (7:25)
- Groups Setup (14) (2:34)
- Instruments (15): Background Piano + Strings (11:40)
- FX (16): Transition FX and Risers (available now) (13:33)
- FX (17): Vocal Chops and Choir Ahh's (available now) (23:20)
- How To Ableton I - Basic Setup (11:07)
- How To Ableton II - Browser, Instruments, Effects, VSTs (14:21)
- How to Ableton III - Interface, Session View, Arrangement View (15:35)
- How To Ableton IV - Producing a simple Deep House Track from Scratch in Ableton (Beginners) (62:14)
- Ableton Live 9 vs. 9.5/6/7: Simpler 9 vs. Simpler 9.5 (7:53)
- How The Compressor Works (15:35)
- What is Side-Chaining? (10:36)
Join 10,000+ Students
Choose Your Course Plan
FAQs and Requirements
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the courses?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to the courses for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
What type of audio files are the samples?
24bit 44.1K WAV Files
What if I am unhappy with my order?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the courses parts. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
How do I access course files, if any are included?
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Where will I be able to log into my course?
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here:
If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
There is one way of watching videos offline for example if you are travelling with an iPad and you are not always within reach of a stable internet connection: We have activated the option of MyTeachable accounts on our videos so you can watch videos offline through the “Teachable Online Courses” iOS App.
I already own some courses/packs. Can I upgrade?
You already bought some courses / packs and want to upgrade? Get in touch for your custom offer!
Will future courses be automatically added to my bundle?
The bundle is a snapshot including the available courses and packs at the time of your purchase. Future courses / packs will not be automatically included.
Is this a subscription to future products?
No. This is a one time payment for the courses/packs currently included in the bundle
What if I have further questions?
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Basic understanding of using Ableton (like loading files, creating MIDI clips, etc - check our other mini Ableton refresher in Part 8 for the basics)
- Ableton Live 9.7 Standard (or higher) - you can also follow along with 9.2 (the only difference is the Simpler, an extra video explains it)
- VST: NI Massive (1.3xx or higher) - or you can use Serum (1.113 or higher)
- no other 3rd party plugins needed