Course: Harmony and Chord Progressions
You'll learn how to come up with awesome chord progressions for your productions, starting with basics of harmony & chord progressions and music theory.
What you will learn:
- Principles of western harmony
- Theory of chord progressions
- Applying this knowledge and finding better chord progressions in your own productions
- We will show you how to come up with interesting and fresh chord progressions for various types of musical genres like house, pop, rock, rnb, blues, classic, future bass, progressive house and many more
- We are going to show you many nice sound examples - offering a practical application of our theoretical frameworks
- We are going to deeply analyze chord progressions and find out
- why some chord progressions simply work and others don't
- rules and codes for “hit song" progressions
How this course is structured
- In the first part of this course you are going to learn the basics of harmony and chord progressions.
- In the second part you will learn how to come up with great sounding harmonies and chord progressions and how to find voicings "that work" in your own compositions and make them sound more interesting.
- Along the way, we are going to share a lot of our specific composition knowledge and experience.
- You will get around 3 hours of studio sessions with Francois.
Who is it made for?
- This course is designed for electronic music producers - we are going to take the perspective of someone working inside a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation - like Cubase, Logic Pro, Ableton Live, FL Studio).
- The course is designed for beginners but its also suitable for advanced learners of the subject as we go into great detail after our first “basics” block is covered.
Class Curriculum / Contents:
Additional Course Options:
The 2nd course option comes with an amazing MIDI pack - learn more about the pack here and listen to a preview including some of the chord progressions. Overall, the pack includes more than 130 pre-designed chord progressions for all types of moods and compositions and overall more than 240+ quality MIDI files.
What people say:
@prodmusiclive I just want to thank you for your Harmony & Chord course. Just started and I am understanding music so much better!— Lorenzo Hernandez (@Noobdewd) December 1, 2016
@prodmusiclive Your course on Harmony and Chord progressions is what I've always needed to get into musical theory. Thanks guys!— C. Alexandre (@AlexandreCoin) November 29, 2016
Big shout out to @prodmusiclive for their ridiculously good tutorials on learning how to produce! You made it seem so much easier :')
— Raheem D (@RaheemDTV) 29. September 2016
Hey, really follow @prodmusiclive and check out their videos, so awsome to learn. Im proud of producers like that, teaching so much. GREAT!!
— M!KE (@mikii95) 20. Juli 2015
@prodmusiclive The stephan bodzin & adriatique videos (sound design) is AMAZING!! More of these series please!!!!!— Rafael C. V. (@Rafaelcv88) September 5, 2016
Frequently Asked Questions:
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the course part. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Don't worry, you don’t need to have a Paypal account to purchase any of our courses / products. You can also simply use your credit card. For some transactions, we process payments through Paypal’s site, without the need of actually having an account there. If your having trouble with Paypal try using a different internet browser or device/computer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions regarding this.
By scrolling up, you’ll find a section containing the specific requirements for this course. Make sure you have the mentioned necessary software, packs and plugins installed on your system. Our Harmony Course doesn't require any software in the basic version. If you're not completely sure, hit us with a quick email.
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: email@example.com
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here: PML Courses Login. If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
Yes absolutely. The offered bundles give the best value by far with an extra discount of at least 30% on the usual shop prices. Including more sound packs, you'll get a perfect start to dive deeper. You'll be able to reverse engineer the project files and discover how to improve your own productions.
More of what people say:
- "Bro, I have been watching your vids for a while. you got my attention after the tutorial for odd concept. I must say I consider your tutorials as one of the best on entire YouTube. champions league. And I have watched a few hundreds by many different producers for years. your whole presentation is brilliant. you are very focused and you go into many details both from a musical and a technical point of view. and it is still easy to follow you. on top your voice and your talking in general is very likeable. I very much appreciate your tutorials and I thank you for your hard work. keep it up, please! I am looking forward to getting more content from you. Maybe some typical modern techno with a deep low and developing bass line. or something with a dark mood a la oliver huntemann - schatten. I am sure your channel will grow a lot. At least I think you definitely deserve it. best wishes, Markus" - Markus Shogun (Youtube comment)
- "I think your course "Producing a Modern Track from Start to Finish in Ableton" was phenomenal. Please make more courses like this!" - Eduardo A.
- "Guys: just a big complement! such great courses. I already enrolled in two! Keep up the good work!" - Chris Kolbe
- "I just completed the last video and want to thank you for a great course. I did many tutorials in the past from *****.com and other websites and they are great at teaching you how to work with the daw or producing sounds, but this is the only one that actually teaches how to structure your song and how to build all the parts. Thanks again and best of luck!" - Alex B. (student)
- "Thank you very much, your tutorials are easily the best i've come across after many years of searching. Please keep them coming." - Ryan K.
- "Thank you for producing great tutorials. Really has helped me learn so much and become a lot better!" - J.S
- "I'm learning so much from your stuff it's ridiculous. A huge "THANK YOU" goes out to you, keep up the great work :)"
- "I am overwhelmed by your work. You can tell how much effort and time you spend on each video/track. I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips and tricks you have shown us!"
- "Hey Francois, just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. Your tutorials are amazing and really helped me to improve my skills."
- "Thanks for sharing your knowledge - hope you´ll keep on making awesome tutorials.“
- "I just wanted to take a minute to say that your courses and tutorials are amazing and really helped me to improve my skills." – Yves C. (DJ / Producer - twitter: @itsyvees)
- "Awesome service!!! Amazingly good tutorials. Great presets and samples. And now even a free update. Thumbs up for u guys!!!" – Konstantin K. (post on our Facebook page)
- "Your page is so helpful i think i've watched almost every video!" – Josh D. (Youtube comment)
- "You explain everything in an easy way. There is no place I learned more about Ableton and Massive. Keep on doing this!" – Denis (Feedback form)