Class 01: Producing a full track from scratch
Producing a modern track from scratch in Ableton Live 9 (complete ~4h class with Francois)
Starting with a basic drum loop, creating custom sound designs, arranging a full song, mixing and mastering the finished product.
What you're getting
- ~ 4 hours of in-depth studio session with Francois
- Full Ableton-only class template
- MIDIs and Drum Samples
- 20% discount code for everything on our website
- Go to class page
- Its a brand new class, grab your 25% test period discount code (on our facebook / instagram) and enroll in class now: Go to class page
- Produce and complete a professional sounding track using Ableton Live
- Create unique sound designs using Ableton instruments
- Use samples to edit, arrange, and create unique tracks and beats of your own.
- How to achieve great soundscapes using audio effects
- Hands on course showing you a producers workflow. Focus on sound design and technique
- Kickstart your productions with our material - full template session and samples included in this course!
- We’re using Ableton Live 9 Suite only. If you don’t have a copy of Ableton Live 9 Suite, a great way to start would be using the trial version (free for 30 days). We won't be using any third party plugins in this course
- If you've opened a DAW like Ableton, Logic or FL Studio before and know that hitting the space bar will start and stop the playback, that would be great.
- Having spent a couple of minutes in Ableton to check out the basic interface
- You want to know how to produce a professionally sounding track from the start to the fully mixed and mastered product.
- Students who want to see the complete production process step by step
- Students who want a comprehensive understanding of Ableton Live
- Anyone interested in producing tracks, beats, sound designs, or any other music on their own in a professional way
- Students looking to understand the deeper levels of Ableton Live
- Students who like to see how to start from scratch going all the way to the finished, mixed & mastered product.
- Creating beats
- Basics of Ableton
- How to make a song out of a loop
- Creating fresh sound designs
- Reversing Clips
- Meter Changes
- Using compressors
- Creating custom effects
- Working with vocal samples
- How to EQ
- Recording automations
- Automating instruments, synths
- Using synths
- Working with one-shots
- Using MIDI for beat production
- Creating pad sounds
- Working with automations
- Adding harmony
- Designing fat saw pads
- Recording/Writing Drum grooves
- Layering Synths
- Audio effects
- Automating effects
- Basics of Arrangement
- Vocal Chops
- Send / return effects
- Spread sound with chorus effects
- Using Ableton pack sounds
- Effecting Guitars
- Creating pitch / tape Stop effects
- Basics of Mixing
- Basics of Mastering
- Setting up a complete Mastering chain
- Applying numerous mixing techniques
- Layering sounds like audio engineers
- EQ: adding space with mid / side eq
- EQ: how to identify and cut resonances
- Use Ableton built-in effects for mastering
Coupons / Discounts:
- "Thank you very much, your tutorials are easily the best i've come across after many years of searching. Please keep them coming.“ - Ryan K.
- “Thank you for producing great tutorials. Really has helped me learn so much and become a lot better!” - J.S.
- “Awesome service!!! Amazingly good tutorials. Great presets and samples. And now even a free update. Thumbs up for u guys!!!” - Konstantin K.
- "I'm learning so much from your stuff it's ridiculous. A huge "THANK YOU" goes out to you, keep up the great work :)"
- "I am overwhelmed by your work. You can tell how much effort and time you spend on each video/track. I just wanted to say thank you for all the tips and tricks you have shown us!"
- „Hey Francois, just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. Your tutorials are amazing and really helped me to improve my skills."
- "Thanks for sharing your knowledge - hope you´ll keep on making awesome tutorials.“
Francois, classically trained musician and music producer from Germany with an insatiable passion for great sound design, audio engineering and electronic music production. I've already released a couple of tracks on labels such as Universal Music, Parquet Recordings, Portrait Digital Recordings, Somatic Sense, Jannowitz Records and others. Maybe you've seen one of my tutorials on our YouTube channel "Production Music Live". Since I like exploring new ways of working and acquiring new skills, I decided to share some of my knowledge and skills.
Check out some of my electronic music productions on soundcloud:
Brand new class, grab your test period discount and enroll in class now: