- Start To Finish. Starting from nothing we are explaining everything before creating drums, sounds, fx, chords, arrangements, until we have a finished, mixed & mastered track.
- Follow along the full production process. While going through all important stages of the production, everything will be explained in detail.
- Pick up tricks and skills, save valuable time. Learn how to use Ableton and then use the techniques and apply them to your own productions.
- Ableton Live. We are only using native Ableton, no 3rd party plugins.
What you are getting
✓ A complete beginner friendly start-to-finish course, learn how to produce your first track in Ableton Live.
✓ 25+ Studio sessions with Francois / PML
✓ 4h+ online video sessions with lifetime-access
✓ Bonus: Ableton Project File created in this course (using Ableton Live 9.7 Standard, no plugins needed) and all samples used are included as well.
What you you will learn from this course
After having taken this class, you'll have seen a complete production process first hand, starting from nothing and working through all the different important stages of the production process, from start to finish. It's like being together in the studio, we are commenting and explaining every step in detail so you can follow along. We are producing a simple Deep House track at 120 beats per minute.
This course is a super in-depth step by step version of our popular Youtube-Tutorial "Making A Track From Start To Finish in Ableton for Beginners".
What song is being produced in the course?
This course will take you through:
- ✓ Basics of working with Ableton Live
- ✓ How to work with Audio samples
- ✓ How to set up instruments with MIDI tracks
- ✓ How to use audio tracks
- ✓ Writing powerful chords and MIDI writing techniques
- ✓ Writing drum patterns
- ✓ Sound manipulation with Audio effects
- ✓ Creating your own effects and risers for transitions
- ✓ Filtering, EQing, Envelope shaping
- ✓ Creative arrangement (taking your 8 Bar loops and turning them into a full song)
- ✓ How to work with Session View vs. Arrangement View
- ✓ Mixing & Mastering: Cleaning up the project and adding loudness
- ✓ Bonus videos: how to use VST instruments to generate your sound
Choose Your Course Plan
Course Pack Ultimate
✓ Full 4h+ Online Course
✓ incl. project files and all presets and samples used
✓ Deep Premium Vol. 2 Drum Sample Pack (850+ Pro Drum Samples)
✓ Deep Premium Vol. 1 Drum Sample Pack (750+ Pro Drum Samples)
✓ 800+ MIDI files (Chords, Melodies, Plucks)
✓ ALL Pop Templates (15 Ableton Project Files)
✓ 97€ instead of 147€
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own.
Do I need to own specific Software / Plugins / Packs?
Nothing is needed for watching the course. If you want to follow along step-by-step, you might need to have specific software installed. You’ll find a section called "Whats required?" on this page, indicating the specific requirements for this course. Make sure you have the mentioned necessary software, packs and plugins installed on your system. Our Harmony Course doesn't require any software. If you're not completely sure, hit us with a quick email.
What if I am unhappy with the course?
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact us in the first 48 hours and we will give you a full refund - due to the digital download nature of the optional sound packs, we can only refund the course part. No refund on bulk / pack orders. One refund per person.
How do I access course files, if any are included?
If you're getting the basic course option, a download link will be provided above or below the video of the first or second lecture of the course (usually named 'Setup & Downloads'). In case you're getting the course with one of the pack options, the additional packs will be delivered to you via email.
Where will I be able to log into my course?
The courses are hosted on another server. Once you've bought a course, you'll be getting a mail saying "Redeem your copy of "Course …"". Follow the "Confirm your account" link in that mail and you will end up on the course-platform. There, you'll need to pick your password and log in. Your profile info will be already prepared for you. You can then always log in here:
If you already have a courses account, the new course will be added to your profile (assuming you buy it using the same email address associated with that account). If you have an account but buy a new course using a different email, get in touch and we will manually add it to your existing account.
Can I save money by getting one of the bundles?
Yes absolutely. The offered bundles give the best value by far with an extra discount of at least 30% on the usual shop prices. Including more sound packs, you'll get a perfect start to dive deeper. You'll be able to reverse engineer the project files and discover how to improve your own productions.
What if I have further questions?
We are available to help you with any questions, get in touch via: firstname.lastname@example.org
✓ This is a practical introduction into Ableton Live, no prior knowledge needed.
- ✓ Ableton Live 9.7 Standard (or higher) - you can also follow along with 9.2 (the only difference is the Simpler, an extra video explains it)
- ✓ no other 3rd party plugins needed
Full Course Curriculum
- 1 - Basics: Audio, Midi and Sidechain Setup (10:05)
- 2 - Bassdrum Programming and using Audio Effects (Equalizer) (7:42)
- 3 - Adding a Snare (4:28)
- 4 - Adding a Pre-Snare and more Effects (7:39)
- 5 - Offbeat Hihat (4:29)
- (Free Preview) 6 - 2nd Offbeat Hihat and using Send Effects (8:28)
- 7 - "Dynamic" Hat Element (6:26)
- 8 - Fast Hat Sound and Velocity (9:28)
- 9 - "Blip" Sound and Ride (6:58)
- 10 - Adding White Noise and Automations (8:31)